Sunday, March 4, 2007

Two weeks left...

I just noticed that there is only 2 weeks left until this quarter is over and then finals. This quarter system has been interesting, since it goes by so quickly, I am usually done with a class before I get really bored with it. The downside is that it does move quickly, and that missing a class (depending on the class) can cost you your grade and that usually after week 5 or 6, everything is due all at the same time.

Next quarter I will be taking only writing classes. I am really excited, not because I don't like classes that involve reading, but this was the reason that I came back to school, I wanted to be a better writer. I have magazine publishing, editing, feature writing, news reporting and the print workshop lined up - plus my chinese class which is a nice break.

I hope to still writer for the Pioneer as an editorial writer. I like editorials because they do have an opinion, and when other articles throughout the paper needs to be as unbiased as possible, in editorial, you can be as biased as you want! I just like reading other people's ideas mostly, not a rehash of a certain event. Although news does come in that kind of format, anything else would be sensationalism. Maybe that's why I have a hard time trying to read the news, it's either really boring, or I feel like it's too biased for that type of reporting. After awhile I get kind of tired of reading what Bush said today, because it's never very intelligent, and it only makes me want to vomit a little bit when I see it.

I started going to school full time again in Fall of 2006, and this Winter quarter has been a lot better. I really wanted to quit a few times in October, but I managed to tough it out. It's gotten a little easier, maybe it's the classes. I can't wait to get my core courses done so I can take some electives and take classes that actually interest me.

I think it was good for me to take that 4 year long break and work at a real job and see what the real world was like. It kind of sucks in many ways, so I feel like I should take advantage now while I am an unemployed student. I have the rest of my life to be working full time and being stressed out.

No comments: