Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Not enough hours in a day...

Especially if you lose an hour due to spring forward! There are 24 hours in a day, assuming I get my 8 hours of sleep, that brings me down to 16. Eating, brushing my teeth, getting dressed, showering (not in that order) can be 2 hours right there, and that's assuming I'm not cooking. If I cook (which rarely happens anyway) that's another hour at least, plus another good 30 minutes to clean up.

Then we have commute time which is about an hour each day, thankfully. I don't want to be one of those commuters that spend 4 hours a day in a car because of the lousy driving skills that seem to be inherent in this area.

I take about 20 units in school, and with the crappy scheduling that I'm given, I'll need to be at school at least 6 hours out of my day.

And then there's homework, and the list of things I would like to do if I had "free time". I spend a ridiculous amount of time online, but that's mostly because I'm reading, writing or just wasting time on Facebook (which I really need to stop). But there are other things I want to do too, like watch tv, play piano, draw, learn flash/dreamweaver, blog, check forums, work on website, knit (can do that while watching tv), play my many games that haven't been opened, take pictures, play with my dog, go running (which can be combined with dog).

So being conservative, that leaves me with 7 hours left for homework and free time. That seems like a lot of time...

If I spend about 30 minutes for each item and 3 hours of homework, that's about it. If I cook, then it's 1.5 hours of homework. I'm pretty good when it comes to time management, but where does my time really go? I think I need to get rid of my computer because I'm on it way too much. But I also use it for school. Maybe I should just get rid of internet and see how productive I become.

No comments: