Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Spring Break!

I got a chance to meet up with some old coworkers in the old PeopleSoft days. It's been too long. I've had a daily schedule last quarter so I was always in school while people were at work. Cramming all my classes into 2 or 3 days was too much. I don't mind school everyday, it's just that it makes it hard to keep in touch with people.

As busy as I was with work, being at school and studying takes up even more time, especially since I am trying to get good grades. It was really good seeing them again, it made me realize how lucky I am to have this opportunity to go back to school and pursue something I really want to do. I liked it when I was at PeopleSoft, I knew I had a great opportunity and I had a wonderful group of people that surrounded me. Oracle came and kind of took it away, not only with the changes of the company but the changes it ultimately brought on the group. People started leaving, and when my boss left I knew I had to figure out what I was going to do.

Moving to a smaller company was a good choice, I learned a lot and it eventually led me back to school so I'm grateful for everything that's happened. I got in touch with a lot of people I haven't talked to in ages, people are getting married, having babies, all wonderful news and I'm so happy for them.

Having a weekend off to just unwind was very much needed and I feel refreshed to go clean the house now and continue with my break.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.