Thursday, June 7, 2007

I've been slacking

The important part about owning a blog is to.. well, actually blog. My finals are next week, so really I have no excuse anymore. After my magazine proposal presentation Friday, I'll be a lot less stressed. It's been a great quarter and I'm proud of what I've achieved. I've had several great articles printed in the paper. I haven't been posting them in my soapbox blog, mostly because they're news articles. I guess I should post anyway, what's the point in reading a blog that's not updated?

I'll be interning at a gaming studio this summer to give game design a try. I never really thought I could contribute much as a designer, since I don't draw or program, but there are other things that I could do like research and writing. I hope that I will learn a lot and that my skills will be useful. Otherwise, I am still quite fond of writing and I'd like to continue doing it.

After taking this magazine publishing class, I feel like I could expand my writing and look for jobs in the mag industry. I still want to be in the video games industry for sure, but there are days where I feel like I want to write about things that really matter, like giving a voice to the voiceless. Not that games don't matter, but no one will be hurt if a review doesn't come out for a game.

We'll see. I had a lot of fun writing up some controversial topics. When people are really grateful of what you've written, that's what makes writing worth it.

No comments: