Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Research

I had a talk with one of my professors today who will support me in doing an independent study in the fall about video games. I haven't exactly narrowed down the topic yet, but there are a wide range of questions that I wouldn't mind researching. I'm interested in the online aspect of games, why people get so involved (I already know off hand, but it would be interesting to do more research). I'm also curious about casual games, how that market is growing, and also interested in women and gaming. There are just so many aspects to the industry that I find fascinating, except what should I focus on?

The whole point for me to go back to school was to become a better writer. I'm gaining a lot of experience as a writer, editor, reporter, but I still want to write about games. I think I found that I like columns the most. Writing reviews is fun too, but I think to be able to comment on the industry on a regular basis would be a cool gig.

I don't need to think about getting a job yet, but it worries me that once I'm done with school, I'm not sure where I'll end up. This quarter is going to be hectic, but in a good way. I need to get used to last minute deadlines and things that pop up for no apparent reason. It's good training I guess, even though I don't need to add more stress to my life.

It's only the second week of school, and I either caught a mild cold or I have allergies or something. I feel sick enough to be annoyed, but not enough to be bed ridden. I just wish I had time for another vacation :)

No comments: